Side by Side Care offers “care” services to a range of service users across Cheshire. We set out to make people’s lives more comfortable, and we always strive to meet and exceed expectations.
However, it’s not just about the people we support. We also look after the people who work for us, as their well-being is very important.
Side by Side Care recently committed to “Disability Confident” that is backed by the government. Did you know that around 7 million people (that’s 17.5% of the working population) in the UK have a disability or a health condition that affects their life? That is a significant proportion of the workforce, and they should not be overlooked.
Side by Side Care recognises that people with a disability or health condition have many skills and much to offer. Why miss out on this talent?
So, our recruitment policy commits us to the following:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote vacancies
- Offer an interview to disabled people
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as require
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
As we truly care about our workforce, we want to make sure you feel appreciated. That is why, throughout your career with us, together we will always be side by side…